Are you unsatisfied with the quality and taste of the "Mexican Products found in the stores"?
My name is Vladimir Gonzalez; I was born and raised in Mexico City. Since I was a kid I developed a great passion for cooking, especially Mexican food using quality, natural and fresh ingredients. I learned a lot of traditional family recipes from my mom and grandmother.
Looking for delicious, quality, fresh and natural Mexican food in the Calgary area is quite challenging but at the same time, it is a potential opportunity to elaborate and offer those products here in Canada.
More and more people are expressing their concern over companies using Genetically Modified, Non-Organic Corn in order to produce cheap and poor quality Mexican corn products, such as the tortillas, corn chips" and salsas. In addition, more and more Canadians are avoiding gluten in their diet, looking for gluten-free alternatives and at the same time, they are demanding for more organic products.
So, because of all these reasons, I decided it was time to create and offer Mexican products with the features that people are looking for. That’s how I got inspired to create Maxi Foods in 2017.
In June 2017 I started offering my products at a couple of Farmers Markets and special events around the Airdrie and Calgary area. The acceptance of my products was a great success, especially because we bring the real Mexican taste to our products, using traditional family recipes. In addition, we do not add any conservatives, fillers or artificial flavors.
We produce all our delicious products from scratch, which are:
- Corn Chips: Made with Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO Corn Flour, 5 different flavors ( Chili- Lime, Jalapeño Lime, Yellow-Blue Corn Salted, White Corn Salted and White Corn -Lime)
- Corn Tortillas: We offer Blue, Yellow, and White Corn Tortillas, made with Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO Corn Flour
- Salsas: Pico de Gallo Salsa and Salsa Verde
- Dips: Jalapeno and Chipotle Creams
- Vegan Dips: Jalapeño and Chipotle Creams, made with Organic Cashew Cream
- Guacamole: Made with the traditional family recipe
Our goal is to share this tradition by preparing natural, fresh, simple, quality, and delicious Mexican foods in order to serve and meet the demand of the community.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
Currently, we rent, by the hour basis, an AHS certified commercial kitchen in Airdrie, AB. This kitchen is also shared with other food producer businesses. This limits our potential to grow and distribute our products in other places. In addition, the lack of industrial size equipment makes our production processes too long, inefficient and labour intensive.
HOW WE WANT TO IMPROVE AND GROW
This year, our goal is to set up our own production facility in Airdrie, AB and be able to offer our quality and delicious Maxi Foods products to more people. These are the things that we need to do in order to move the company to the next level:
· Move the production process to a bigger location. We already found a potential location in Airdrie, AB
· Perform required renovations to the location in order to meet the regulations to operate
· Acquire industrial size equipment to be able to improve our productivity and reach more customers
· Improve packaging of Corn Chips and labeling
· Participate in at least 6 farmer’s markets around Calgary and surrounding areas
· Offer our products to Grocery stores, restaurants, and similar businesses
Our goal is to start operation in a new location by June 2018.
As many entrepreneurs, we face financial challenges in order to grow and improve, however, with the support of the community, I am sure we can move forward. With your support, we will be able to cover some of the initial operating costs and improve the packaging of the chips.
From the bottom of my heart, I really want to thank you for your time and for your support, I will make sure you get your rewards.
No updates have been posted for this campaign yet.
No Q&A have been posted for this campaign yet.